Wednesday, September 19, 2012

a dance recital


Part of my daily routine is letting Rinn play on the floor with a bunch of plastic farm animals while I attempt to put together blog posts and lesson plans for my dance classes.  Oh don’t give me that, babies need time to themselves too and it’s not like I’m one of those “free-range parent” wack jobs you’ve seen on GMA who is letting their 4-year-old ride solo on the New York subway system.  I don’t know which is worse, her or that lady from Time Magazine who will undoubtedly be breast feeding her son while he preps for the SAT’s.  Two words: happy medium, find it.

I hit shuffle on iTunes and go to work, or at least I make a very valiant effort to. Unfortunately I suffer from what I’ve affectionately dubbed as “bass syndrome” (like the fish) characterized by first, being distracted by, and then following, any and all shiny objects; doctors call it ADHD, but what do they know?  This applies to more than just shiny objects obviously and when shuffle has its shit together, more often than not, this time turns into an impromptu dance recital.  Nothing fancy, just a few excellent jams (usually from the 90’s) and my killer moves. Rinn digs it.  Or at least I think he does, I mean he’s too young to have one of those “you look soooooo stupid” malicious laughs, right?

Fast forward forty-or-so minutes: I’ve accomplished nothing and I’m so exhausted from hopping around like a fart in a mitten that Rinn and I have to lie down for a nap.  Just another day in my life.

Today’s Rinn-Approved Recital Mix:


No comments:

Post a Comment