Tuesday, September 25, 2012

taco bake


So I’m not fond of cooking, we’ve gone over that.  I just don’t see the point in making something from scratch when someone has already put in the blood, sweat and tears and made it available in the freezer section of my local grocery store.  I’m not saying there aren’t days where I catch myself watching an episode of The Chew and suddenly I’m throwing together a spinach and feta quiche’ but believe you me, those days are few, far between and usually the result of one of my manic episodes.  I am 100% pro-microwave and not completely against making a casserole out of several things whose origins are of a box and I am absolutely for sharing simple recipes that even the kitchen-challenged, like myself, can throw together with success.

Here I give you my infamous Taco Bake.  It started as a recipe I found on the back of a macaroni carton, a carton I soon lost and so it has evolved into my own creation, basically whatever of the recipe I could actually remember.  It’s totally easy and delicious (so don’t even ask about the calories per serving.)


Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef
1 box Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup sour cream
1 bag shredded cheese (I use the mexi-blend)
Tortilla chips
Salsa/Sour cream (to top)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Prepare Velveeta per instructions on box. Prepare meat as deemed on taco seasoning packet. Combine sour cream and Velveeta. Layer ingredients in 9X13 casserole dish (Velveeta, taco meat, shredded cheese, Velveeta, shredded cheese.) Bake for roughly 12-15 minutes. Top with crushed chips and bake for about 5 minutes longer. Serve with sour cream and/or salsa.


It doesn't hurt to have an adorable helper.





No comments:

Post a Comment